Kelly Engineering has an AMAZING Direct-Hire opportunity for a Maintenance Tooling Technician located in Brighton, MI for a large Tier 1 Supplier.
2nd shift Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm.
The ability to design and machine tooling and fixture components in support of all production operations in the facility. Support maintenance technicians with repair of mechanical systems and equipment throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Design, build and repair tools and fixtures
- Operate all tool room equipment
- Visually inspect and test tool room machinery and equipment and document maintenance activities.
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Assist with the dismantle of defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate shaft, bearing, gear, and other parts of machinery.
- Implement and maintain a preventative maintenance program for all (production and facility) equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S in department and periodically participating with audit process.
- Clean, adjust and calibrate machining equipment.
- Assist in tool, fixture, and material flow and continuous improvements for those areas.
- Practice safe use of hand and machine tools, i.e. grinders, saws, lathes and mills.
- Assist with maintenance and troubleshooting problems of all equipment.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; three years related experience as a maintenance machinist or toolmaker; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a Millwright or Machinist Journeyman License or be working towards the completion of a license.
- Two years of experience in blueprint reading.
- Mig or Tig Welding experience.
- Thorough knowledge of CNC, grinding, and all machining activities in the plant tool room involving the design, repair, and building of assembly fixtures and components.
- Working knowledge of lathe, grinding, hand welding, machining and heat treat techniques.
- Support production by working with maintenance on repair and maintenance of tooling fixtures, gages, and assembly equipment.
- An understanding of GD&T and blue print interpretation and the ability to build from a design drawing.
- Knowledgeable and thorough capability to operate all tool room equipment
- The ability to read blueprints
- Understanding gauging methods and tolerance for checking assemblies
- Understanding and fundamentals of GD&T.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply