Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physically count all product before distributing it. Enter the count into AS400 to make necessary adjustments by route due to overage/shortage
- Sales center accountability
- IBP load invoices and return verification
- Separate Product to the routes and store in lanes for Independent Operators NOT OVER 14 trays high on a dolly. This includes breaking down stacked delivered more than 14 trays high
- Separate product at a pace of 1500 units per hour
- All product will be stacked onto a dolly before staging in an IO lane
- May be required to often climb up on a portable safety ladder/dolly in order to down stack product delivered by transport higher than 14 trays high
- Products are to be separated into “Like categories”. IE. Bagels stacked with bagels, Loaf Bread with loaf bread, branded buns with branded buns, cake with cake, etc. At no time should different types of product be placed within the same stack
- When changing products within a stack such as a different bun, the “window” of the trays should face the same direction in order for the IO to be able to count his/her product upon arrival
- Take appropriate action to ensure the cleanliness of the Sales Center. At the end of each shift, the floors are to be swept, trash cans emptied, checkup room and rest rooms cleaned. Additional sanitary duties such as cleaning cob webs, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, etc should be performed at least once per week.
- Shippers are responsible for the security of the facility during and upon leaving their shift. The main gate is to remain closed and locked at all times. Lock gate after transport leaves.
- Turn off all fans, lights, etc. close and lock all doors at the end of each shift
- Shippers are to use the Time Clock at all times to punch in and out for their shift. Shippers are allowed to take a lunch or break off the premises as time allows. They MUST clock out at any time they are leaving the premises.
- Shippers will participate in company Safety Training or other meetings as necessary
- Fill in for Depot Coordinator as needed due to vacations/days off
- Assist Depot Coordinator as needed and other duties as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned. Be able to stand for long periods of time, work store hours and lift more then 50 lbs.
• A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work any hours and holidays.
- Must be able to work varied shifts.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, squat, twist, kneel, and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must wear proper uniform as required
- Follow Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines- equipment required will include non-skid safety shoes and gloves
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Personal Protective Equipment