To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tinley Park, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Branch Manager II
First Midwest Bank • Tinley Park, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
First Midwest, with assets over $14 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 130+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
Responsible for the overall retail growth and profitability of the branch. This is accomplished through development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans, implementation of customer retention and attraction programs, employee development, and effective cost controls.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 3 years retail sales banking experience required
- Minimum 2 years branch management experience required
- Prior experience in developing and promoting a positive team environment required
- In depth knowledge of retail financial products and services required
- Previous experience in routinely making decisions necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including previous experience giving effective presentations required
- Previous experience in supervising or performing in a leadership role required
- Position may require the need to travel to other branch or meeting locations.
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements
- Assist Group Branch Manager in development of management candidates and move to responsibility level
- Manages all retail banking functions to meet sales goals as defined by the Group Branch Manager
- Effective scheduling of Branch Staff to fulfill on the client experience and support sales initiatives. (Verint Scheduler w/ established parameters to be utilized for this process)
- Ensures effective Lobby Management to optimize the client experience, promote branch efficiency, and fulfill on sales objectives.
- Promote the sales culture and ensure staff receives proper training to achieve goals
- Oversee the administration of the branch to ensure proper day-to-day operation
- Act as bank liaison within the community to promote the services and products of all Lines of Business at the bank
- Set priorities, directs, delegates, and follows up on responsibilities within the branch
- Conduct sales meetings, coaching sessions, and performance evaluations for appropriate branch staff
- Lead daily pep sessions (TAG) and end of day wrap-ups to promote open communication, set daily objectives and celebrate successes.
- Conduct deployment meetings to further develop staff’s skills and to support Bank initiatives in fulfillment of the Mission.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of trust, mortgage and other financial products and uses the ability to recognize client needs and make referrals to appropriate specialists
- Participate in outside calling efforts
- Participate in all required training sessions for compliance
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with consumer protection regulations in a defined area of responsibility
- Implement bank-directed policy and changes relating to regulatory amendments
- Responsible for the selection of personnel and assist in training and development