Our client is currently seeking a Solutions Architect to work with our healthcare client in St. Paul, MN!
The Solution Architect role is responsible for delivering solutions and solution architectures aligned with business capability needs and enterprise standards. This role works with Business Intelligence (BI) and Information Managements leaders and architects, as well as Enterprise Architects, Business Solution Architects, Technical Architects and external service providers to ensure data and information models and technologies align with stated architecture strategies. In a delivery capacity, this role will work with Business Analysts to review and complete business capability needs, definitions, and requirements, data analysis, data modeling, technical specification writing, and working with development organizations to ensure designs are delivered. Key deliverables include:
- Market trending & key technology vendor assessments
- Data-centric technology roadmaps and standards maintenance
- Data-centric technology architecture standards & reference models
- Project-level Architecture Definition Documents (data model & business value alignment components)
- Input to business capability models, assessments, roadmaps
- Input to enterprise solution strategy assessments across capability & technology areas
The Solution Architect is a key leader in the identification of risks & opportunities with the current technologies, data and supporting technical landscape, identifying & recommending the implementation of overarching model and platform strategies, directing initiatives to mitigate risk, and contributing to the data and information ‘community of practice’ activities (e.g., templates, processes, execution models).
- Coordinate data model, flow, and technology aspects of solution architecture design, implementation, and modification activities across projects, teams and key process and technology leaders.
- Ensure all data architecture aspects of solution design and analysis work within the Architecture Definition Document is documented and included in the architecture repositories. Generate Solution Architecture, Data Model, and ETL / Data Engineering specifications to match business outcome requirements.
- Consult with business and technology (application, infrastructure) development projects to fit systems and desired information outcomes to business capability needs, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Partner with Business Solution Architects and Analysts and Data Modelers on requirements gathering or clarification and ensure alignment to desired business outcomes.
- Partner with other architects to analyze:
- Enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
- The IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend broad-based solutions for improvement.
- Data and information management and related technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential advantage to or impact on the enterprise.
- Establish & document data architecture design principles and standard reference models (standard architecture design supporting future architecture needs).
- Ensure adherence to the defined IT governance activities associated with the Solution Selection Policy & Procedure (i.e., architecture boards, governance councils).
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of IT experience with Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of IT experience with Master’s degree
SPECIALIZED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of Oracle, SAP, or Hadoop / big data / modern data platform experience
- 5+ years of experience aligned to a relevant architecture discipline (integrations, data, services, infrastructure, Big data / modern data architectures)
- 2+ years of ETL platform experience
- 3+ years of data modeling platform experience
- 3+ years of experience and strong knowledge of Enterprise-class architecture concepts, definition, and creation
- 5+ years working with data integration, exchange, and/or warehousing solutions and experience with Enterprise-class data modeling methodologies and tools
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based solutions (e.g., applications (SaaS), platforms (PaaS), and infrastructure (IaaS)) as it relates to Solution Architecture or data modeling to an Enterprise environment
- Experience with Hadoop / big data / modern data platforms and implementation including platform architecture, data engineering, analytics, and data ingestion.
- 3+ years of experience working with large enterprise systems & solutions
- High degree of ‘learning agility’ with the ability to readily consume and apply new information and concepts with developed analytical problem solving skills
- Knowledge in technical modeling, design, and concept generation
- Awareness of architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman, and other service and control frameworks, such as ITIL or COBIT
- Experience in implementation of data governance, administration and related processes
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Broad knowledge of data analysis/database design technologies/tools in an operational environment
- Strong technical acumen, decision making, and influence skills across all levels of an organization
- Strong communication skills, including with employees, clients, senior management and vendors
- Solid presentation skills, including the ability to translate data concepts and technical information into business terms (e.g., ability to explain complex technical solutions and architecture strategies to non-technical resources)
- Strong results orientation (driving to deadlines, financial targets, project goals, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and partner with employees, leaders, clients, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, virtual organization
- Work experience in the Medical Device Industry, or other regulated industry
- Ability to mentor and develop business, architecture, and technical resources
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively