2nd/3rd Shift: Windows Administrator
2nd and 3rd Shift: Will work either the 8:30pmEST shift or the 4:30amEST shift, and either Sunday-Thursday (Friday + Saturday off) or Tuesday-Saturday (Sunday + Monday off). **The schedule is done on a monthly basis and we cannot guarantee that you will be on the same shift each month (although we will definitely try and accommodate if possible)**
Remote anywhere in US; plus if candidates located in Salt Lake City or Dallas
Contract Length: December 2021 (longer if great performance and strong possibility of moving to day shift)
WHO WE ARE: Goldman Sachs is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Qualified candidate will provide unified production management support for the windows infrastructure of the firm, using cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business. They have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. They will also adopt various tools developed by Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production environment and help in the automation of health-restoration, with a continuous focus on risk and cost.
Must Have Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in Windows Administrator role
- Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- enterprise grade server hardware (Install ,Configure and Maintain) HP and Dell Rack Servers - Basic troubleshooting knowledge on MS Exchange administration for Exchange 2010/2013 - Experience on Remote management consoles like Dell IDRAC, HP ILO, VCenter/VSphere - Hands-on developing PowerShell scripts to automate various tasks of OS and Applications running on Windows platform. Research and finding solution to automate complex tasks - Hands-on experience of system administration of Windows server side infrastructure (Windows 2008, 2012, Active Directory, Server Hardware etc.) and associated technologies e.g. DNS, DHCP, WINS and Group Policies
- Prior experience working at an ISP/Managed Services/IT Services company is preferred, and a background in dealing with global teams and remote teams will be a strong plus.
=Strong plus for candidate having working (configure and troubleshoot) experience on breadth of technologies e.g. terminal servers, windows clustering, VMware, Hyper-V, Azure etc. - Strong plus for experience with various blade systems (HP, DELL etc...) - Strong plus for experience on patch management tool administration (WSUS, SCCM etc.) X. Working experience (install, configure, manage and troubleshoot) on enterprise grade antivirus system - certifications (ITIL, MCSA, MCSE-Server, VCP etc..) will be a strong plus
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Perform Windows Administration activities as part of the Firm’s Technical Infrastructure team. • Working at L2 level on day to day operational issues, requests and project tasks involving various technologies e.g. windows server, active directory, exchange, patching tools, server hardware (blade as well as rack), various enterprise grade antivirus systems, various virtualizations and public cloud (HyperV, VMWare, Azure,) Responsible for providing senior level of support for Wintel team, handle the escalated issues and requests from juniors adhering to SLAs Responsible for creating, reviewing and modifying various documentation, participate in CAB meetings. • Continually evaluate the operations of the environment and assist in the optimization and delivery of server infrastructure • Communicate and coordinate with application support and other IT support teams to provide timely responses for critical requests • Involves in Business Continuity plan tests across all regions related to Windows infrastructure. • Adhere to company change management requirements and procedures You are: Independent and comfortable in a fast pace and constantly changing environment Analytical and have the ability to apply your skills and experience to create client-oriented solutions