Leidos is pleased to offer a field support position for the legacy Space Based infrared System (SBIRS). This position will support SMC/ECPR in maintaining the Mobile Ground terminals and the associated field deployable vehicles. The technologies you will be working with is TTL logic, Cryptological processing, ground to satellite communications, data processing and distribution. You will also work the shelter which includes Fiber Optics, HVAC, power generation and structural integrity. With the team, you will address obsolesce issues and provides level two (depot) support to assist the Space Force Maintainers in returning equipment to operational status.
Provide urgent and emergency level maintenance on a fleet of 30 mission and support vehicles.
Conduct trouble shooting procedures to return equipment to operational status. Provide systems engineering, integrated product support to ECPR.
Work with the team to provide alternate solutions to address equipment obsolescence or system design improvements. Including the following:
- ARC-210 long range radio crypto upgrade, required installation of a Kiv-7 device to replace a KG-84, work included system design, integration, test and validation (involved 5 external agencies)
- Trenton rugged computer server assessment, obsolescence issue, develop a life extension program, find a suitable substitute, identify likely failure modes, conduct reliability analysis to determine end of life (3 external agencies)
- Break out and develop a master equipment interconnect schematic. Capture existing interconnects for satellite communication equipment (receivers, downconverters, amplifiers, encryption, data processing and message transmitting)
- Structural High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse assessment, using thermography, and RF testing, identify weak spots in shield effectiveness and recommend corrective actions to meet requirements (3 external agencies)
- Isochronous Load Share equipment and power generations, designed validated and delivered procedures to us the equipment to provide adequate power distribution across the mission equipment (2 external agencies)
Support the development of Technical Orders, training procedures, installation plans and drawing redline changes.
Some in-state travel (25% or less) is required. 1-2 days a month (day trips not overnight) and 1 week per quarter (overnight).
Bachelors’ Degree in relevant area (engineering, electrical, communications) and 2 years of experience. Additional 4+ years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Must have an active Secret, and be willing to be upgraded to a Top Secret clearance.
Must be able to move equipment (25 to 35 pounds) into five-foot-high equipment racks.
Experience in maintaining a field mobile system, to include HVAC, power distribution, fiber optic maintenance and communications support is a plus.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to ourTrust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R-00049809
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.