To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hanover, MD 21076
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Assistant General Manager
ExecuNet • Hanover, MD
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Hotel Assistant General Manager responsibilities include:
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
SCOPE AND MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Hotel Assistant General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Hotel and for delivering a Fun, Friendly, and Comfortable experience for all Team Members and Guests. Reports to Hotel General Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support strategic vision, develop and implement operational and service strategies that lead Hotel to become and remain the market leader in the area in occupancy, rate, and guest satisfaction scores.
- Supports the staff in developing strategies to accomplish objectives approved by ownership and oversees implementation in partnership with Casino & Hotel leadership teams.
- Supports the day to day operations of the staff; Front Office (Front Desk and Bell/Door), Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Facilities.
- Liaises with the Finance Division to ensure adherence to Casino & Hotel policies and the timely processing of invoices and account reconciliations.
- Contributes to the preparation of short-term and long-term business plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives, with operational assistance from all functional areas.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically.
- Supports the revenue optimization strategy to yield maximum financial results for the company.
- Enforces and monitors Learning & Development endeavors to deliver 3-4 star rated service to guests.
- Ensures that expectations of all direct reports are clearly defined and understood.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to perform assigned duties in an interruptive office.
- Ability to maintain visual attention and sustained mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- High ability to create innovative strategic plans that are guest service oriented.
- High ability to analyze and interpret marketing research and financial data.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under constant time pressures.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience at a 4 or 5 star rated Hotel is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission.