JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for safe operation of tractor trailer to restaurants stops and maintain load integrity throughout route. The is position is also responsible for accurately completing delivery documentation according to company procedure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery. Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Manage route efficiency, drive to restaurant locations and verify correct product is delivered.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or Peoplenet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must pass DOT physical examination.
- Minimum driving experience of 1 years or 50,000 miles
- Ability to adjust work schedule to meet customer needs, including work out of town two nights a week.
- Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
- Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, teammates, and customers.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
- Use approved procedures and equipment (Driver Delivery Handheld), document delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- Must be able to drive safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.