At Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, we are passionate about our mission to be the provider of choice of comprehensive financial management for participant-directed services in the public sector. Our vision is people exercising choice and control of publicly-funded long term services and supports. Established in 1999, we partner with state and local agencies in 24 states to provide financial management services for participant-directed programs. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed client expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference by supporting an innovative service model (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).
The Program Accounting team is responsible for tracking the $1 billion annually that is managed on behalf of the public agencies. All programs are set up with their own general ledgers and accounts for which the team performs reconciliations, reporting and analysis as required.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to assist our rapidly growing organization increase its ability to review processes and improve and document internal controls. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for setting a leadership example for junior staff, ensuring ongoing accounting operations are performed and leading special projects. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will be required to collaborate with team members within corporate finance and cross-functionally.
- In general, review and approve reconciliations performed by accounting staff.
- Review and Post Cash Receipts, electronic and paper payments and apply payments to invoices.
- Review and Post Bank Reconciliations performed in Navision Dynamics.
- Review and Post Credit Card Payments.
- Create and maintain ad-hoc reporting and analysis as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with existing accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to management.
- Lead quarterly reporting process to internal and external parties.
- Lead and/or support new contract implementations
- Lead and/or support implementation of new accounting functionality
- Provide general ledger and reporting assistance to non-accounting staff.
- Provide training and leadership to accounting staff.
- Recommend accounting process improvements.
- Responsibilities may change as the department and PCG\PPL grow and as deemed necessary by management.
- Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams.
- Ability to work effectively with, and communicate with all levels of management.
- Must have the ability to manage task load with frequent interruptions.
- Must maintain attention to detail at all times.
- An inquisitive, critical thinker with the ability to analyze and interpret high volumes of data.
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel/Access.
- Possess discretion to work with confidential information.
- Ability to ensure work is accurate, completed and self-reviewed in a timely manner for manager review.
- Skilled communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide ad-hoc data analysis from within and outside of department in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to diagnose, research, and resolve technical issues independently or as a cooperative member of a team.
- Adaptable to learn and implement new processes, concepts, and skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Bank reconciliation experience
- Basic journal entry experience
- Strong Microsoft office skills (advance excel skills and access skills necessary)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision or Solomon)
- Understanding of chart of accounts and general ledger
- Experience with project accounting
- Understanding of payroll taxes
Standard Accounting Practices