Allied Reliability is looking for experienced individuals for a Direct-Hire Electrical Supervisor role with a large, industry leading, manufacturer in Perry, FL! This position will be responsible for safety, execution of electrical/maintenance work, cost management, quality..
- Manage electrical and instrumentation departments to improve efficiencies and ultimately reduce cost.
- Disseminate technical knowledge to hourly staff via in-house training to enhance the technical and troubleshooting skills of the personnel.
- Lead safety-related inspections and training to enhance and promote the safety culture.
- Assist in troubleshooting electrical, instrumentation, and control issues to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
Required skills and experience include:
- Five plus years experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Broad maintenance experience in a sawmill or industrial environment
- Prior proven experience as a supervisor and leader
- Demonstrative safety leadership with knowledge of safety procedures (NFPA 70E, Arc Flash)
- High awareness of quality control practices
- Experienced in the use of preventative maintenance systems to reduce unscheduled downtime
- Experienced in troubleshooting methods to ensure that uptime, production volume, and quality targets are met
- Can effectively use training resources to maximize technical skills
- Very good team building and motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of accounting and financial metrics for a mill operation
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Preferred requirements include:
- An associate's degree or higher in Engineering or Industrial electronics or a related field would be a plus
- The preferred candidate will have hands-on electrical knowledge in a plant environment including knowledge of National Electrical Codes and OSHA, AC VFDs, medium voltage equipment, and programming/troubleshooting PLCs
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Electric Arc