Job Description: Communication and coordination within the technical team and with the operational team are key components for this position. Primary responsibilities are to assist engineers and metallurgists in compiling existing technical data into reports and in submitting and tracking various requests to customers. Will work approximately 80% on computer and 20% on the shop floor gathering data on parts/talking with operators.
• Adhere to and promotes all company safety rules and requirements and attends required training and/or meetings
• Assist engineers and metallurgists with the compilation of technical data from process records and test records to prepare process validation packages.
• Assist engineers and metallurgists with the documentation of non-conformances and the preparation of concession submittals to customers
• Assist engineers and metallurgists with the tracking of concessions prior and after submittals to customers and work with Sales to help get quick resolution from customers
• Support technical group leaders to release engineering documents and communication with Operations
• Support Supply Chain and technical team in placing orders for tooling, raw materials, forging, machining, etc. to ensure schedules are met
• Manage project schedule critical path; elevate issues to management upon any deviation from schedule that impact key dates
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the position
• Must have an understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions.
• College degree preferred (2 or 4 year degree in engineering, drafting is preferred.)
• 2-3 years technical writing experience
• Must be proficient with Excel and Powerpoint
• Must be able to read & interpret blueprints and schematics
• High School Diploma/GED
• 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.