About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineering Senior Manager for the Native Mobile App mobile development team in San Francisco, CA to lead Wells Fargo retail mobile app ecosystem and related Consumer Experiences (CX). The Mobile engineering team's mandate is to deliver compelling end-to-end experiences that grow and deepen relationships with 40 million Wells Fargo online banking customers.
This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for these platforms.
To be successful in the role, you will need a proven track record of being a disruptor, innovator, and forward-looking technology leader. Equally as important, you will need to operate at depth, understanding every detail of the organization's product goals.
We are seeking an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, strategic thinker. A start-up mentality is a must.In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Oversee the design, development, and delivery of mobile solutions across various platforms including iOS and Android are the primary responsibilities and helping team to establish mobile framework, implementing standard development processes, driving implementation of guidelines, and developing and establishing KPIs for mobile platform
- Lead, mentor, and guide an agile-enabled large team of mid to senior-level engineers and lower-level engineering managers with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- Partner with senior product leaders, lead systems architects, and engineering managers to develop product functional and technical strategies for the LOB product portfolio
- Provide expertise and thought leadership in the portfolio domain and leverage external perspectives, trends, and research to inform development of actionable strategies and plans
- Support financial forecast, budget development, and continuous improvement of engineering practices
- Collaborate within and across agile teams and organizations to design, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full stack development tools and methodologies
- Provide oversight to software craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third party providers
- Support implementation of projects and features for a product portfolio within a LOB. Partner with senior product leaders to drive strategic outcomes
- Ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met.
- Provide technology risk oversight for product and application portfolio. May recommend risk management requirements for supported area and partner with stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Act as primary interface with third party vendors and technology service providers supporting products within the portfolio. May interface with external agencies, regulatory bodies and/or industry forums.
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Management experience
- 6 + years of experience leading and executing complex technology transformational programs across an enterprise
- 5+ years architecting, designing and developing iOS or Android mobile applications
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience
- Strong knowledge of technology with emphasis on Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Application Lifecycle Management (AML)
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology governance risk and compliance processes such as; policies, control standards, risk management concepts, or information security
- Ability to motivate a team and lead strategic initiatives, collaborating across a large organization and multi-tasking as required
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Experience analyzing metrics and articulating data trends
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- A Master's degree or higher
- Ability to deliver concise, time critical information to all levels of management, technology and business teams
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
We Value Diversity
- 333 Market Street, San Francisco, CA.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Agile Methodology
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Corporate Governance Of Information Technology