Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description
If you're a positive, burrito-loving, high performer and a born leader, then we want to talk to you! As the Assistant Restaurant Manager, you'll enjoy the following work-related perks:, uniforms provided, paid vacation days, meal discounts, and advancement opportunities..
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing restaurant operations, in conjunction with or in the absence of the Restaurant Manager. Uses discretion in daily management decisions with accountability for living the Brand values and helping the brand thrive. Focuses on developing a people and guest-centric culture that consistently delivers excellent guest service and food quality while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements:
- Monitors staffing levels; recruits and selects employees to talent and job profiles
- Trains, develops, coaches, and evaluates employee performance; ensures systems for training employees are fully implemented and followed
- Assigns activities and tasks
- Identifies and develops internal candidates for management and Team Leader positions
- Treats employees with respect and dignity and regularly recognizes and rewards employees
- Complies with all state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant operational performance
- Holds restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality in adherence with brand systems, procedures, and food safety requirements to provide a raveable guest experience
- Reviews practices and modifies as needed to continuously improve the guest experience
- Interacts with guests and the community; responds to guest questions, concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner to ensure positive resolution and guest recovery
- Maintains brand image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness, maintenance, and excellent service
- Partners with the restaurant manager in using management information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial performance
- Identifies trends and implements action plans for improvement
- Focuses efforts on developing long term sales growth initiatives designed to drive profitable sales growth
- Considers cost/benefit impact of financial decisions and works to protect the brand
- Monitors costs and adherence to budget and restaurant goals
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will help to support the company by maintaining an outstanding work environment through leadership, direction, training, and development.
At Qdoba, we bring flavor to peoples’ lives. This means we highly value the diversity, and flavor, our employees bring to the table.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: QDOBA will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.
- Business Informatics
- Business Performance Management
- Food Quality
- Food Safety