To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Lab Scientist/Technician - ST
Maxim Healthcare Services • San Diego, CA
Posted 20 days ago
Other Great Industries
Health Care, Professional Services
Under the general supervision of the Public Service Administrator/Department Director, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Technician performs both general and specialized techniques in molecular biology, including high-complexity diagnostic procedures requiring the use of manual techniques as well as semi- automated laboratory instruments for the detection of microorganisms or viruses and/or their components.
- Processes blood, bacteria and other specimens for the recovery of nucleic acids in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Performs restrictions endonuclease digestions on nucleic acids.
- Amplifies nucleic acid by techniques such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and reverse transcriptase PCR.
- Modifies and separates nucleic acids by various techniques including but not limited to electrophoresis, blotting, and hybridization capture.
- Detects mutations and sequence variations by various techniques including but not limited to sequence analysis, conformational analysis, and differential hybridization.
- Applies proper sterile technique to avoid molecular assay ampileon or cross-contamination.
- Ensures the proper handling and storage of all specimens received for testing.
- Maintains complete records for all laboratory test systems in accordance with departmental policies and Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments (CLIA) ’88.
- Participates in activities with Infectious Disease/Molecular Diagnostics Unit to ensure quality assurance, quality control and safety requirements meet CLIA ’88 and participates in proficiency testing.
- Use professional judgment with all testing and analysis procedures.
- Records and reports results in a complete and timely manner.
- Communicates with other public health departments and outside entities concerning laboratory results and related issues.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory reagents and other supplies.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new test systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, biological, or physical sciences or medical technology from an accredited college or university, supplemented by 1 of professional clinical experience; Medical Technology certification is desirable.
- Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of pipettes, pH meters, balances, centrifuges and other standard or specialized laboratory equipment preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (contract specific).
- Current PPD (contract specific).
- Successful completion of Maxim background screening and hiring process.
- Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 452534
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.