The VP, Sales Strategy and Operations will be responsible for optimizing the effectiveness of Company’s global Sales organization through the development, implementation and maintenance of a range of sales operations functions. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration. Reporting to the CRO, this position will foster close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. This role is based in our San Mateo headquarters.
- Define, develop and continuously create strategic sales planning for the company.
- Evaluate current KPI's and establish revised set of KPI's to measure the performance of our business, ensure/enable ability to generate data for these KPI's, provide reporting on such KPI's in a way that we have an accurate view of our business performance. KPI's should produce actionable output to drive improved performance. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these KPI’s. Manage action list to completion.
- Collaborate with our sales leaders to be the owner of the sales forecast and key pipeline analysis.
- Develop and manage Sales Compensation Plan with input from GTM lines of business, align with CFO and GC organizations. Works closely with Accounting, Finance and Human Resources to establish guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Track commissions against budgets and working with managers to ensure compensation aligns with performance and contributions.
- Support annual business planning process including development of territory, quota and operational plans for Sales teams.
- Works closely sales leadership to establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Lead the global sales operations team.
- Oversees development and enhancements to sales enablement framework. Ensures alignment with sales methodology and the core skills needed across roles to improve sales productivity and customer engagement.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement in regards to process, tools and technology. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs & system enhancements throughout the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these priorities. Oversees the delivery training to sales, sales management, and sales support staff. Ensure training curriculum is relevant on product offering and speed to ramp up to productivity.
- Coordinate activities including GTM leadership team processes (staff meetings, QBR's)
- 15+ years' experience working with software sales teams to build strategy, management, execution-based programs
- Strong understanding of sales process design and related outcomes
- Superior analytical and reporting skills
- Deep understanding of sales compensation
- Experience in sales training and developing sales leadership
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams, to create impact
- Has built teams, processes and systems from the ground up
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter, sense of humor
- Critical thinking and change management within dynamic organizations skills
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or sales related field; MBA or equivalent preferred.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 579474
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.