Quality Technician will perform various quality systems and testing activities for manufacturing operation, including raw material and process fluid testing, quality audits, plant trials, and quality lab maintenance and organization.
- Review real-time product quality and compile quality reports
- Assist in plant trials, including trial finished product testing. This may include traveling for testing at various sites.
- Perform daily finished product testing
- Perform daily audits, aged layouts, QSBP audits, assisting in UL audits, etc.
- Provide support in product quality to the production line, including support during start-ups and necessary testing to insure quality standards are achieved
- Assist in claims investigations as required
- Assist with maintaining WinSPC database, including error detection, troubleshooting and training
- Assist in lab equipment verifications and calibrations throughout the plant
- Train Operators on Quality Test Methods on the different areas/stations
- Serve as an area team leader in the plant centerlining program
- Assist in process improvement projects including measuring system analyses
- Maintain EHS standards for the work area including updating and maintaining JSA’s and participating in EHS plant meetings
- Able to think under pressure, make quick decisions, and act as a decision maker on the line
- Assist in managing Product on Hold Process to help facilitate a timely disposition of product on hold
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Building Partnerships
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings
- intermediate proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems
- intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and WinSPC
- Familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, practices & procedures
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
- Able to work extended hours, off shifts and weekends when required
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical associate’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years working in a manufacturing environment required. 5+ years of quality assurance and process improvement experience is a plus.
Product Quality Assurance