5+ months contract position with possible conversion to permanent for an Accounting Assistant in Columbus, OH
- Performs non-repetitive and complex clerical accounting duties that require familiarity with accounting office practices and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of a wide variety of prescribed accounting codes and classifications in order to select appropriate procedures for application to specific accounting transactions.
- Prepare reports and explain variances; prepare budget information.
- Locate sources of errors revealed through trial balance or deviation from an established control figure; trace transactions through previous accounting actions to determine source of discrepancies; reconcile invoices.
- Maintain and reconcile an account ledger; balance items, entries or amounts according to records or statements.
- Examine, code, verify, balance and reconcile various kinds of transactions, listings, invoices, vouchers and reports. Collect and assemble financial information for auditors and others; compile documentation for governmental or regulatory reporting purposes.
- Contact other staff and outside parties regularly to exchange information or respond to business transactions; interact with others to resolve inquiries and complaints that may require research.
- Review statistical and numerical data for accuracy and completeness.
- Answer routine and non-routine questions and correspondence with supervisor's agreement.
- Maintain accurate, complete and current files; sort, file, locate, reorganize and retrieve materials.
- Independently compose correspondence for review.
- Obtain appropriate approvals and signatures on documents.
- May communicate instructions from supervisor to others and assist in the coordination and distribution of work.
- May provide training to other staff members.
- May calculate, reconcile and pay bills.
- May process billings for customers.
- May create or edit documents using electronic equipment.
Accountability: Position Requirements:
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic calculations and use mathematical formulas for specific calculations.
- Keyboard skills.
- Oral and written communication skills normally acquired through completion of high school curriculum.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting procedures acquired through past experience.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred but not required.
- Two years of accounting experience.
- Must possess strong communication skills, initiative and ability to maintain working relationships with a broad range of process owners and managers.
- Microsoft Office products experience desirable.
Legal Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit the client unless special written permission is granted by the Legal Department
*Two years of accounting experience. *Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance.