Miller-Valentine Group - Barclay - Dayton, OHPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
High SchoolSalary Range
Up to 25%Job Shift
At Miller-Valentine Group you join a team of dedicated Associates that work together to deliver a rewarding, worry-free experience to fulfill a wide range of construction needs. As a nationally recognized contractor, Miller-Valentine has developed and/or built over 16,000 multifamily units and 100 million square feet of commercial space over its 55+ year history. We are committed to quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. We offer competitive wages, benefits, career advancement possibilities, and an engaging culture based on excellence. With offices in Dayton and Cincinnati, OH, as well as Columbia and Charleston, SC, we offer a variety of employment opportunities in multiple locations. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, consider joining our team of highly successful individuals. BUILD DREAMS. CHANGE LIVES.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Performs any combination of the following tasks such as, but not limited to a construction worker, carpenter/framer (rough & finish), cement mason, concrete – building assembler, equipment operator, structural steel worker, reinforcing – rebar, form builder or drywall applicator, concerned with assembling/erecting concrete, metal or stick and brick type buildings.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate movement of materials.
- Operates several types of power construction equipment, such as compressors, scissor lifts, aerial boom lifts, bobcats, rough terrain forklifts, and maintains equipment.
- Digs, spreads, and levels dirt, gravel and concrete or other materials. Uses hand tools, picks, shovels, and concrete rakes.
- Smoothes and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures, using floats, trowels and screeds.
- Grinds, patches, sands or polishes holes or cracks in surfaces such as concrete.
- Sprays materials, bond breakers, curing compounds or water to clean, coat or seal surfaces.
- Lifts, carries and holds building materials.
- Measures using square, tape and ruler, marks cutting lines on materials. Saws to required sizes. Builds or disassembles rough wooden structures, such as concrete forms, according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions.
- Nails to construct concrete-supporting forms.
- Braces forms with anchor bolts, for concrete walls.
- Installs outside and inside wall panels.
- Place hoist hooks in concrete wall panels to lift, position and brace panels.
- Determines number, sizes, shapes and locations of reinforcing rods from oral instructions.
- Selects and places rods or wire mesh in forms, spacing and fastening them together using wire and pliers to reinforce concrete.
- Cuts bars to required lengths.
- Position support columns at specified locations on concrete foundations.
- Aligns and braces column vertically, using bubble level.
- Connect joists and girders or other structural steel members by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment.
- Position until permanently bolted or welded to form completed structures.
- Carry, place, and secure structural members such as bridging, perimeter angle, end wall assembly and metal decking for roof structure.
- Installs horizontal and vertical metal/wood studs or trusses for attachment of wallboard on interior/exterior walls.
- Scribes measurements on wallboard and cuts wallboard to size.
- Cut rough openings in which finished door frames are inserted.
- Install door and hardware.
- Applies caulking compounds. Install ceiling grid and ceiling tile.
- Install insulating materials.
- Use of portable power tools, such as, but not limited to drills, saws, screw guns, hammer drills, rotor hammer and sawzalls, chop saws or gas powered cut-off saws.
- Performs a variety of routine, non-machine tasks.
- Cleans tools, equipment, materials and work areas.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Miller-Valentine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.