Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $400 million, fast growing, for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2200 professionals in 47 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, health plans, insurance departments, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is seeking a highly motivated and dependable Case Manager- Employment Training Advisor (ETA) with an interest in public service who can work in our CalWORKs Employment Services Program. These individuals will provide case management services to participants to ensure they move from government assistance to self-sufficiency. To help our clients become self sufficient, the case managers will help job ready participants to sustain employment, and help engage our less work-ready participants in job training activities and educational programs.
- Case management activities may include:
- Design and develop plans for participants, such as determining and assigning work activities, educational and training programs;
- Conduct assessments for barriers and skills such as education level, work history, substance abuse history, disabilities, etc.
- Determine eligibility and need for supportive services including child care, transportation, and ancillary services.
- Manage participants progress towards achieving goals by creating and updating plans.
- Assist program participants in developing vocational goals reflective of their skills, capabilities and interests.
- Monitor and record clients monthly progress to ensure compliance with program regulations and participant attendance level at assigned work activities.
- Notify countys human services specialist of non-compliance with work activities.
- Follow procedural requirement of CalWORKs by updating client case files in CalWIN.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CalWORKs procedures and implement appropriately.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of community resources, labor market and training resources.
- Maintain in contact with each client placed in employment on a monthly basis.
- Complete all necessary county paper documents and forms.
- Maintain communication with employment organizations and educational programs where CalWORKs participants are located.
- Ensure all performance metrics are met in achieving participant stated outcomes.
- This position will be located at our El Cajon (East) location.
- Ability to work with and relate to participants and demonstrate active listening skills.
- Display a professional level of empathy for participants and respect for cultural differences.
- Must be computer literate and have MS Word, Excel and Internet skills.
- Ability to learn specialized databases and software systems.
- Process oriented and results-driven work strategy.
- Proper etiquette including customer relation techniques, superior verbal and communications skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
- Demonstrated ability to use various computer systems preferably CalWIN although not required.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with federal, state and county agencies as well as the general public.
- Ability to partner with and motivate participants with both physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Ability to maintain a record keeping and follow-up system.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred; however, a 2-year degree combined with 2 years of sales/client accounts experience may be considered in lieu of a 4-year degree.
- 2 to 4 years of customer relationship management or case management experience.
All internal candidates should be employed in their current position for a minimum of six (6) consecutive months and in good performance standing to be considered.
Attention To Detail