To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manhattan, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bilingual Social Worker - Early Childhood
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services Inc. • Manhattan, NY
Posted 1 hour ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Jewish Board is the largest human services agency in New York City, serving more than 43,000 clients each year. We are widely recognized as a best-in-class provider of human services, delivering innovative, cutting-edge, and evidence-based mental health and behavioral health programs.
Staff at The Virginia and Leonard Marx Outpatient Clinic at HCDC uses a culturally sensitive, family and relationship centered approach to help individuals and their families develop skills and resources to improve overall functioning, to instill hope, and to strengthen resiliency. Our programs work closely with community partners to address health disparities in our neighborhoods while also celebrating the strengths and resilience of our communities.
The social worker partners with families, the interdisciplinary clinical team, and any systems involved in the families’ lives (educational, medical, social services etc) to assess needs in a comprehensive way and provide culturally competent and sensitive services. The social worker must have a firm understanding of how trauma and race, class, and privilege impact families of color and must be willing to address these issues as part of the therapy process.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Provided culturally sensitive, evidence based treatment to children ages 0-8 and their families. Modalities used include but are not limited to play therapy, family therapy, group therapy, Child Parent Psychotherapy, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments and engage family in quarterly treatment planning
- Coordinate with other service providers involved in the family’s life such as teachers, pediatrician, foster care and/or ACS case planners.
- Communicate effectively with clinical treatment team
- Conduct risk assessment to detect potential risk factors and engage in effective risk management.
- Conduct initial assessments, comprehensive assessments, and engage in collaborative treatment planning with families
- Use electronic health record to complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Conduct children and parent groups
- See a minimum of 28 clients a week
REQUIREMENTS: Masters degree in Social Work, (MSW), with a minimum of one year of relevant experience with similar population. LMSW or LCSW certification required. Bilingual Spanish speaker required