NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD ENUMERATION SURVEY FIELD INTERVIEWER
NHES Field Interviewers (FIs) provide field support for data collection conducted by RTI. FIs will be assigned to prepare for and conduct data collection operations as prescribed by the project requirements on which they will be trained. FIs will ensure that field data collection activities are conducted in an efficient and cost-effective manner, that data are collected according to project protocols, and that assignments are conducted in a professional manner and handled according to established procedures.
- Complete interviews at assigned sample households.
- Ask survey questions verbatim using the project-specific questionnaire.
- Able to use project provided tablet computer for data collection.
- Document problems that occur during interviewing such as individuals refusing to participate in the survey, problems with the questionnaire, and issues relating to field sampling and eligibility.
- Meet performance expectations in areas of efficiency, quality, response rates and schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Cooperate in periodic field audits.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and English
- High school graduate with 1-year experience directly or indirectly related experience to interviewing
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age by the first date of employment
- Successful completion of project training program.
- Physical demands: stand, walk, climb stairs, talk, hear, work largely outdoors in various temperatures and weather conditions. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Willingness to adhere to all project requirements.
- Reliable access to personal automobile for business use.
- Access to WIFI connection to transmit data every day worked.
- Available and willing to work days, nights, and times when contacts are most likely to produce successful results.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, and other RTI staff.
- Reliably submit time and expense reports weekly.
- Willingness to adhere to project deadlines for completing assignments, reporting progress, and returning materials to RTI.
- Willingness to keep supervisor closely informed of progress and problems.
- Availability to consistently work the minimum number of hours per week that were mutually agreed upon with supervisor at time of recruiting.
- Reliably maintain weekly communications with supervisor during data collection periods.
- Attend an in-person training August 1st-4th in Research Triangle Park
- Read and successfully complete all general Field Interviewer and project specific materials.
- Read the Field Interviewer manual and successfully complete a home study prior to attending training
- Participate in on-the-job training with a mentor or Field Supervisor, as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires frequent travel to respondent locations. Field Interviewers are frequently outside and exposed to all types of weather. Interviewers are exposed to fumes and odors as might be expected in any outdoor environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and climb stairs. The employee is required to communicate; the expected communication is through speech and listening.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org .
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here. #rti
Verbal Communication Skills