Hourly range: $15.58 - $24.29 per hour Depending on Experience
Definition: Under the general to limited supervision, enforces City codes and ordinances. Provides record keeping and correspondence related to these codes. Effectively work with citizens to gain compliance with City codes pertaining to inoperative vehicles, weeds rubbish/refuse, graffiti etc. May assist Building Inspector on a limited basis.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may vary among positions, but may include the following tasks, knowledge, abilities, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not intended to be a comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions in the classification.)
* Responds to complaints regarding possible violation of various City ordinances.
* Patrol to identify violations of City code/ordinances.
* Respond to violation location and issue citation/notices.
* Respond to reports of violations and contact reporting party if necessary.
* Take photos of violations for case file.
* Determine legal owner of property.
* Send legal owner an abatement letter per appropriate City code.
* Complete all necessary paperwork and reports.
* Process correspondence pertaining to enforced codes.
* Complete all information pertinent to the case.
* Close all cases once they have been cleared.
* Testify in court as required.
* Maintain department records.
* Fills in or works with City Building inspector on a limited basis.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Other Characteristics:
* Customer service skills including ability to manage difficult or emotional situations, respond promptly to complaints, solve problems.
* Ability to organize and plan work.
* Ability to use MS Word.
* Ability to use MS Excel.
* Ability to work independently.
* Knowledge of various ordinances of the City of Artesia .
* Knowledge of enforcement procedures for City ordinance violations.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
* Ability to understand and interpret complex regulations and guidelines.
* Ability to move objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
* Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico driver's license.
* Must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* Two (2) years fulltime customer service experience.
* Knowledge of word processing software required, MS Word preferred
* Knowledge of spreadsheet software required, MS Excel preferred.
* Six (6) months related experience preferred.
* Experience equivalent to three (3) years of general contracting, journey level building trades or foreman level work. Technical, university or college training in a general construction field may substitute for general contracting experience at a rate of one (1) year of education for one-half (1/2) year experience for a maximum of two (2) years preferred.
* Ability to climb in/on areas necessary for inspections.
* Standing for long periods of time.
* Bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling.
* Indoor and outdoor
* High wind
* Extreme temperatures.
Equipment, Tools, and Materials:
* Hand tools
* Surveying equipment
* City vehicle
* General office equipment including computer and calculator.
- Contract Management
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Problem Solving