Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 11749
Pay Grade: US-B20 Description
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® integration technologies.JOB OVERVIEW
Our Region Sales Manager, Surgical (RSM - Surgical) is responsible for achieving the quantifiable goals set for the assigned region's "Surgical" specialties (Laparoscopy, Gastroenterology, Arthroscopy, CV/Thoracoscopy) and "Project Business" specialties (Video Imaging and OR1 Integration. Reporting to the Director, Area Sales, the RSM- Surgical is also expected to establish and maintain strong working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders: nurses, physicians, materials management, procurement and administrative personnel in every account as well as internal KSEA departments (HR, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Customer Support, Service, Emerging Markets, etc.). Lastly, the RSM - Surgical is responsible for overseeing and ensuring their region's compliance with company policies and for effectively managing the region's operating budget and sales sample inventory.
The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing our Surgical Sales in the East. This will cover all of New York state, and most on New Jersey. This includes Manhattan, Long Island, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn Westchester, New Jersey North, New Jersey Central, Allentown, and other parts of the East. The hired candidate will be required to live in the geography covered.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to achieving or exceeding quota, the RSM - Surgical's key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Motivate, direct, train, and mentor the region's sales and administrative staff.
- Attract and maintain a diverse talent pool of potential salespeople; take proper action if/when personnel performance/HR issues arise.
- Demonstrate a winning attitude, know and communicate what it takes to win, and consistently commit to a standard of excellence and the achievement of superior results.
Driving Strategy and Goals
- Prepare and maintain an annual working sales plan, including analysis and forecasting that reflects activities/efforts necessary to achieve company goals and quotas.
- Understand our Value Analysis Briefs to effectively use our differentiators to influence clients.
- Leverage product strength to help customers lower their cost of ownership.
- Develop and implement creative and aggressive sales programs and strategies; support KSEA promotional activities, and drive associated action with the field sales team.
- Drive aggressive market share growth for all KSEA products including, but not limited to, the following specialties: Arthroscopy, Laparoscopy, General Surgery, Thoracoscopy, Integration, Video, and Image Capture to every account.
- Foster relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the region, and be the key account manager when appropriate/applicable.
- Effectively present features, benefits, and procedural application of our products and technology.
- Address and drive the timely resolution of customer complaints in accordance with established company policy; promptly advise management of any situation beyond his/her scope of authority.
- Assist coordinating dependable service and training after sale to ensure customer satisfaction and long-term reliability of all KSEA products purchased.
- Be alert to all competitive products (design, pricing, promotions), and keep management informed in a timely manner.
- When appropriate, recommend to management the addition of new products and/or modifications and/or new applications of existing products.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, and conventions.
- Submit all administrative requests/requirements, including expense reports, meeting/convention reports, and other ad hoc requests, in a timely manner in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain up-to-date customer records and any other records as required by company policy/instruction.
Our successful candidate must have excellent written and spoken business communication skills. They will also possess:
- A minimum education level of a bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of management experience, including at least 2 years of medical, preferable surgical, device sales experience
- Experience leading and managing high performance sales teams is a plus.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical aspects of complex products and services.
- The ability to travel, including overnight, up to 50% of the time.
- The ability to lift up to 35 lbs. of equipment. At an employee's discretion, the employee may ask for human or mechanical assistance whenever asked to move or handle equipment.
- Exceptional organizational and presentation skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
This position requires daily driving to geographically dispersed accounts.
Candidates must have a valid driver's license in the state where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of residence. Anyone hired must be able to pass our background check and drug screen.
#LI-MN1Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19. Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures. Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Region Sales Manager, Surgical - East
. Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.
- Sales Management
- General Surgery