JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for growing sales in existing assigned accounts in a specified geographical area which are typically chain-associated franchisee accounts and divisional group customers that require periodic sales calls. The Merchandising RSR Specialist also responds to customer needs, builds strong customer relations and presents new McLane programs in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Achieve and/or exceed sales, APSW, and gross margin budget for assigned stores.
* Maintain positive relationships with McLane customers (store managers), Drivers, customer service, and peers within the RMS Department.
* Ensure, on a periodic basis, all McLane ordered merchandise is dusted, fronted, priced, stocked, and rotated for business.
* Perform schematic updates at the store level to ensure product is current and merchandise is updated.
* Complete weekly recaps on sales, miles used, credits written, issues at store level and issues internally that affect the customer.
* Perform store surveys related to space allocation, current product in the store and racks placement.
* Service each store a minimum of 1 visit per McLane period.
* Manage expenses and control service related costs.
* Evaluate customer sales, APSW, and gross margin to maximize budgeted goals through the following activities:
o Review weekly order frequency, order size and concentration of purchases.
o Review item selection versus industry/market/competition/season and make recommendations on item selection, plan-o-grams and promotional planning or distribution guidelines.
o Communicate on an agreed upon frequency with storeowners through phone calls and onsite meetings.
o Implement new business concepts (at the direction of the ASM/ISR) of McLane Company in assigned accounts that include: SMC-online, VTS, Salado Sales, McLane technology solutions, and all McLane sales initiatives.
o Participate in divisional projects to include seasonal load change communications and other projects necessary to enhance customer perception of McLane Company.
o Understand the information and reports available to assist in managing their assigned account.
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Continually meet assigned production standards.
* Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of McLane and specific customers; work schedules may include working early mornings and overnight shifts in order to meet customer demands.
* Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Preferably have 2-5 years sales and/or customer service experience.
* Internal candidates should have a minimum experience in McLane Company of not less than 2 years.
* Be well versed on all aspects of the industry.
* Be skilled on computers and Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint PC programs.
* Be able to work with and communicate with many different reporting level groups, to include McLane customers (store managers), Drivers, customer service, and peers.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Be able to travel as required.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
* Possess a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
* Be able to successfully pass an experience verification, drug screen and criminal background check.
* The work conditions are primarily in a retail setting of a customer store, vehicle, or occasionally in an office environment.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Customer Relationship Management
Space Allocation Problem