We are the Wallenius Wilhelmsen group, delivering innovative and sustainable global shipping and logistics solutions for manufacturers of cars, trucks, heavy equipment and specialized cargo. Our longevity of 157 years in business means we stay relevant and in motion!
Come join our team as the Logistics Coordinator in our Newport News, VA office. You will enjoy excellent benefits, including a matching 401K and a collaborative team environment!
In this role as the Logistics Coordinator you will:
- Coordinate and schedule all functions required to maintain the flow of vehicles
- Monitor all vehicle inventories, shipments, locations, damages and tracking associated with vehicles at both the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) and rail ramps
- Interact with haul-a-way carriers and rail personnel to meet performance expectations
- Ensure strong customer relations and problems are resolved timely
- Run and analyze daily/weekly reports as necessary to assist Operations and Management
- Prepare end of month statistics for several levels of management reviews
- Monitor units hold status and coordinate special vehicle request
- Maintain ship files and ensure Customs requirements are met
- Perform buybacks on damaged units, coordinate transportation to repair facility and perform wholesale functions through timely resolution
- Prepare quarterly reports for customer physical inventories
- Ensure new models or activities are entered/updated in WITS as needed and the activities support VPC objectives
- Cross-train and perform other administrative functions #CB
Your experience and background include:
- 3-5 years of experience in logistics or customer service is preferred
- Must possess strong organization, communication (written/verbal) and time management skills
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word and Excel (formulas and pivot tables)
- Able to adapt to changing requirements and resolve problems quickly
Your Work Style:
- Detail-oriented and accuracy driven
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- Flexible, adaptable and collaborative
Why Wallenius Wilhelmsen?
Our Employee Assistance Program offers a broad range of services including personal, professional, wellness, and financial coaching and online training for personal development.
Our Culture Compass (values) guides how we work together exhibiting Courage, Imagination, Trust, Candor and Speed.