Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Serves as a key member of the Flooring North America Human Resources and Wood and Laminate leadership teams. In this role, the Director, Human Resources focuses on developing and executing strategies to attract, engage, develop, and retain employees in an innovative and highly automated manufacturing environment. This role will report directly to the VP of Human Resources, with a strong matrix reporting relationship to the President, Wood & Laminate.
Major Function and Scope:
- Ensures the Wood & Laminate and Human Resources objectives and initiatives are closely linked and support the business strategy.
- Attracts and retains talent to create bench strength in the business and HR function. Partners with Talent Management to recruit, interview and bring talent into the organization.
- Drives succession planning identifying successors, developmental needs, talent gaps and strategic plans to fill those talent gaps.
- Manages the performance management process including annual reviews, mid-year check-ins, manager feedback, coaching and facilitation of performance management training.
- Develops and implements robust workforce plans looking at strategic needs, seasonality, cyclicality, turnover, time to fill and other key metrics.
- Partners with the compensation team to develop and deploy compensation, benefits and recognition programs to create a performance driven culture.
- Develops and implements programs focused on driving employee engagement across the entire employment life cycle through focused strategies on talent acquisition, talent development, and organizational design.
- Leads business unit wide strategic HR projects.
- Develops and utilizes KPIs to communicate performance against goals, focusing on our R3 strategy of relentless customer focus, ruthless simplification, and reinvestment in our people.
- Works in partnership with safety to formulate programs, policies and procedures to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field. Master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in a management capacity. Professional certifications a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with demonstrated experience working in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively leading teams, coaching, building partnerships and effectively managing and resolving challenges.
- Ability to analyze and assess organizational needs and provide solutions.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce desired outcomes within tight timeframes.
- Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple complex projects concurrently and develop in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with and connect with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated track record of successful large, scale program roll-out, including change management and communications.
- Demonstrated experience leading or facilitating the development and implementation of business-oriented projects.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s senior management, internal and external business contacts.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Candidates must have both strong strategic capabilities as well as be hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to deal in a high-pressure environment (occasionally in a crisis situation) and render good decisions to resolve the problems.
4 direct employees which includes exempt and non-exempt employees.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
Work environment ranges from an office environment to a plant facility.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.