SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 111 Town Square Place, Jersey City, NJ 07310
The position is within the Fund Administration group which provides accounting, portfolio accounting and client service support to hedge funds, private equity and venture capital managers, pensions, endowments, foundations, and family offices. There will be reporting requirement to both the managers and directly to clients/investors. The Manager will be responsible for the preparation of monthly valuation packages, management and performance fee calculation, income allocation and responding to client queries. The Manager will also be responsible for reviewing and sign off on work prepared by junior team members. The Manager mentors and trains Fund Accountants and Senior Fund Accountants.
Posting journal entries to complete required reporting
- Preparing and reviewing entries to performance system
- Preparing and reviewing cash and investment position reconciliations
- Preparing and reviewing accurate and timely Net Asset Valuation packages
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and partners’ capital statements
- Preparing and reviewing income and incentive/performance allocation calculations (waterfall model)
- Preparing and reviewing capital call and distribution notices
- Communicating and responding to Client/ LP/Audit requests
- Training, mentoring and managing junior team members
- Other general duties as determined by management
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience within the fund administration industry (private equity fund administration background a plus)
- Good understanding of GAAP accounting for investment funds
- Good understanding of private equity fund administration in terms of capital call, distribution, waterfall calculation
- Being a Team Player with a positive attitude
- Prior team management experience
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Strong Communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient with Advent Products, Bloomberg and Microsoft Office Products
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- A CPA candidate or designation is a plus
- Management may consider other attributes and qualifications in addition to or instead of the above noted items.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.