PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE:PBF) is one of the largest independent refiners in North America, operating through its subsidiaries, oil refineries and related facilities. We are seeking a talented Marine Specialist to join our team as a pivotal member that would play a key role here at PBF Energy. This role would be located onsite at our Company headquarters in Parsippany, NJ.
The Marine Specialist is an integral component of the business team. The marine specialist will interact internally with traders, operations, IT professionals, contract administration, accounting, and credit, while working externally with barge owners, operators, brokers, and demurrage and accounting counterparts.
- Analyze, negotiate, settle demurrage claims from ship and barge owners and third-party customers in line with charter party and commercial contract terms
- Activities include claims and invoice payment, negotiation of charter and contract terms and voyage analysis.
- Actively communicate with counterparties to ensure prompt demurrage claim settlement.
- Additional marine related invoice administrative support as needed.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure efficient processing of payables and proper re-billing of receivables; prepare management reports and analysis for demurrage activities
- Responsible for stewardship of demurrage claims.
- Invoice third party customers in line with charter party and commercial contract terms ensure timely collection of receivables
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Report status of demurrage negotiations to supervisors.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure efficient processing of demurrage payables and proper billing of receivables
- Thoroughly review contracts and advise traders when demurrage language requires realignment. Review third-party contracts and proposals for potential commercial risk.
- Analyze demurrage trends to understand business changes and advise trading group in ways to minimize future risk
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline.
- 1+ years demurrage analysis experience preferred or relevant experience in demurrage, accounting, marine operations or trading environment
- ETRM experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel skills required including pivot tables and V-Look ups
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate through both written correspondence and verbal communication
- High level of motivation and team-player
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Shipping knowledge and exposure to contract interpretation preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS
We thank all respondents for their interest in PBF Holding Company LLC ("PBF Energy"), however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails to any employee of PBF Energy about this requisition. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of PBF Energy via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of PBF Energy. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PBF Energy as a result of the referral or through other means.
PBF Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision making, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, veteran and military status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations as required by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing
- Critical Thinking
- Data Analysis