JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position will assist the Accounting Manager in the daily accounting processes for the Company’s Distribution Centers (DCs). This position will provide support and input into the development and implementation of various accounting processes and practices unique to the Food Distribution industry. This position will ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) and will provide analytical review of critical data used in making decisions, which impact the overall profitability and success of the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Assist in all aspects of the financial period close process (including preparation of journal entries) to ensure continuous reliability and accuracy, error identification, and analysis of results - all of which could have a significant and unique impact on profitability.
- Assist Accounting Manager with the preparation and maintenance of the planning process.
- Establish good working relationships with and serve as a point-of-contact for Pricing, Procurement and Chain Management Departments for assigned work.
- Exhibit a good working knowledge of the Revenue Accounting process, including the review of DC P&L’s and chain revenue reports for accuracy.
- Assist in monitoring compliance to GAAP, Sarbanes/Oxley (SOX) controls, and other internal policies and best practices – to ensure a high level of consistency in the data as well as ensuring that McLane is in compliance with all defined standards.
- Assist in answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, as assigned, to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
- Keep abreast of GAAP accounting and SOX key controls that impact our business.
- Assist with internal and external audits of the financial statements.
- Possess and/or develop the core competencies required for this position.
- Assist in organizing and implementing various accounting, analytical and other projects, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA license preferred.
- 2 years minimum accounting experience; distribution accounting experience preferred.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Working knowledge of and a willingness to learn various McLane operating systems.
- Ability to identify and work through problems and conflicting issues in a clear and diplomatic manner.
- Focused ability to review and interpret data, transactions, policies, and business practices.
- Be open to relocation opportunities within McLane Company and its other business units.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test (if necessary), drug screen and criminal background check.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office environment.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles