1st Shift, Tuesday - Saturday, 8:00am - 6:00pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Senior Operations Manager, you will create a highly engaged workforce that continuously performs improvement activities. You’ll coach and mentor your team and ensure that all responsibilities are performed in alignment with the company’s values and within the framework of our Lean Operating System. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop warehousing and/or transportation management solutions that establish business controls to ensure policy and regulatory compliance
- Support Operations teams to ensure service level standards are met
- Identify growth opportunities with current customers by promoting enhanced service and/or cost savings to the customer
- Manage costs, mitigate risk and create value for the customer to achieve net revenue and operating income goals
- Identify and deploy cost-saving initiatives through standardized improvement processes
- Coordinate the timely execution of all required legal documentation with the clients or vendors to properly operate and complete financial transactions
- Maintain compliance to all contractual obligations; ensure client compliance, including timely payment of invoices
- Manage all direct reports, including interviewing, hiring, onboarding, setting expectations, training and development, conducting performance reviews, etc.
- Lead HR development efforts through appropriate training, development and succession planning
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment by monitoring and enforcing safety procedures across all departments
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Third Party Logistics