They are working remotely right now but they are getting ready to head back to the office next week. This person will train with the Senior LAA so this position would be in office. They will do Skype interviews for now but if employees start going back to the office next week they might turn into in-person interviews. Legal Administrative Assistant:
- Direct Hire (start in May in the office pending COVID requirements)
- $40K- $50K depending on experience
- Assist 2 attorneys in litigation and arbitration cases, document production and management, editing various legal documents.
- Prepare and maintain depositions materials and summaries.
- Assist with trial and meditation prep.
- Scheduling and calendaring based on due dates.
- Transcribes and types general correspondence, discovery requests and responses, complaints, motions, subpoenas, summonses, and other legal documents, using dictation software.
- Reviews and redacts documents. Formats documents as appropriate for each court. Responsible for accuracy of final copy.
- Handles scheduling of depositions, EUOs, arbitrations, mediations, client meetings, court reporters, interpreters, court appearances, etc.
- Assists with trial preparation, creating trial notebooks, organizing exhibits, maintaining trial calendars and communicating effectively with opposing counsel and courtroom staff.
- Sorts and organizes incoming mail; determines routing, signatures required, and maintains follow-ups. Answers phones and directs callers to appropriate persons.
- Coordinates multi-document filings in Federal and State courts, including E-filings by assembling motion papers and exhibits, coordinating filings of pleadings and briefs and ensuring proper service.
- 1 year of Admin/Secretary experience.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office 2016 including Word, Outlook, and some Excel.
- Familiarity with Minnesota Code of Civil Procedure and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure rules for court document filings.
- Benefit package will include medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plan, etc.!
- Reduced Bus fare/train pass
- Business casual attires for the office
- Work hard, play hard mentality!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.