Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Insight is looking for a Portfolio Advisor in the Sales Enablement team who is passionate about helping health care systems identify opportunities which may improve key performance indicators in the Middle Revenue Cycle, to support the Optum Provider growth organization in the sale of Optum Middle Revenue Cycle technology and technology-enabled services and driving multi-year strategic partnerships. The environment is aggressive, fast paced and innovative. We are looking for smart, talented individuals to hone deep market and Optum portfolio expertise, with a focus specifically on drawing conclusions from data and communicating financial opportunities and value proposition of our solutions, up to C-Suite Level, for our clients and prospective clients. In addition to partnering with the Growth Office (GO) to drive our solutions in the market, and to work collaboratively with key business leaders to ensure alignment between market demand and our portfolio focus as well as operational readiness.
The Portfolio Advisor will leverage deep domain area expertise in the Middle Revenue Cycle Portfolio with a focus on associated key performance metrics including coding, charging, CDI, Medical Necessity and other interconnected metrics. The role must be able to analyze, draw conclusions and effectively present and communicate the value story.
- Solution architecting. Partner with GO to enable a “needs-based solution sales model” within the suite of OI Analytics care performance solutions / portfolio which includes
- Identification and scoping of client needs, with C-level executives
- Supporting due diligence processes, serving as the key data contact for Sales and prospect, including reviewing the data request with client, fielding questions regarding the request and posing any questions back to the client in order to validate the integrity of the data
- Exploring a client’s revenue cycle priorities, reviewing problem areas identified within the client’s operations and financial data, and validates benefit estimates and financial models for proposal e.g. CMI revenue lift
- Articulating the value proposition of related solutions and scalable packages within the OI Analytics care performance portfolio
- Illustrating “customer journey” options, supporting progressive deal design
- Pre-Sales analytics strategy and execution. Lead and promote adoption of a pre-sale analytics strategy in collaboration with Value Management and Product leaders, Market Advisors, Value Analytics researchers, and OAS consultants which includes
- Leveraging existing data and analytics insights as a unique differentiator for lead generation
- Identifying innovative opportunities to advance pipeline thru credible analytics insights, underscoring key performance trends and opportunities to optimize care delivery
- Synthesizing results into a credible, client-ready story
- Growth Office partnership. Act as primary contact for the GO for initial scoping and designing revenue cycle engagements, pulling in other business unit partners and subject matter experts as needed, based on client / market feedback and data / analytics, and ensuring a seamless an coordinated hand-off to technical and operations scooping teams.
- GTM innovation. Maximize product synergies and voice-of-the-market feedback to identify opportunities for upsell / cross-sell initiatives across the portfolio, and ensure bi-directional communications with key Product and other BU leader to inform GTM strategy
- Industry representation. Participate in webinar and panel discussions as needed to share views of the market and client perspectives, represent Optum thought leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Credentialed through ACDIS or AHIMA in relevant areas
- 10+ years of experience in the healthcare market, ideally Middle Revenue Cycle to include HIM, CDI/Nursing
- 7+ years of experience as a director or manager role specifically, client-facing with health system executives and analytics leaders
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced corporate environment
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills, including a high degree of comfort presenting in large meetings with executive leadership
- Possess strong collaboration and teaming skills
- Be organized and analytical, and be able to help predict and eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to condense data into succinct, executive level Presentations
- The ability to manage simultaneous opportunities with detailed follow-through amidst competing demands
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.