The Parts Delivery Driver delivers and picks up parts and components locally. This role requires a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record, working knowledge of blocking and rigging, delivery vehicles and trailers, and ability to obtain forklift operators certification.
• Delivers and provides pickup of parts, cylinders and components for repair and return.
• Writes parts orders and credits obtained during customer visits.
• Provides maintenance of parts consignments at customer job sites.
• Assists in Warehouse as needed receiving and stocking parts shipments, performing inventory counts, and pulling customer orders.
• Aids in housekeeping in alignment with Contamination Control Standards when not delivering parts.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of blocking and rigging.
• Working knowledge of delivery vehicles and trailers.
• Working knowledge of forklift operation.
• Ability to obtain forklift operators certification.
• Working knowledge of cables, chains, tie downs, and load binders.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to communicate with customers in a Sales Environment.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Proof of driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• 6 months delivery driver experience preferred.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Able to lift up to 60 lbs in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Customer Service
- Electrical Wirings
- Forklift Truck