To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Java Developer
DXC Technology • US-State-CA
Posted 4 days ago
- Work with business units to crystallize business needs into product features, acting as a bridge between business and technical domains
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers.
- Provide technical and domain thought-leadership, and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Develop product/platform
- Review and approve software design and implemented code.
- Provide effective cutting edge design/solutions for implementing product features.
- Develop new capabilities to ensure continued competence and relevance of the center in supporting software development needs of PayPal's business.
- Experience in building high traffic backend services for external customer facing web applications
- Understands inside out of fundamentals of Java, specifically JDK7, JUnit, Maven, Jenkins & Sonar
- Has built web applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks: Spring MVC & JAX-RS 2.0 implementations (e.g. RestEasy, Jersey or Apache CXF)
- Has designed web applications and clearly understands concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- Has knowledge of different application servers like JBOSS
- Comfortable with Agile development and Scrum process
- Identify Performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place
- Take ownership of your work and can work independently
- Source Control (GIT experience is an advantage)
- Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Google Test
- Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications
- Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and recommendations. Must have experience in justification of technology solutions to business leaders
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation.
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional and cross geographical organizations
- Experience in maintenance and enhancement of deployed products
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with diverse cultures
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and adapt to changes
- Has experience in refactoring existing codebase and in understanding existing implementations to decide to refactor or rewrite
- Working knowledge of finance industry standards and practices preferred
Any resume that meets these minimum requirements will be reviewed
- Education experience – Engineering Degree (Preferably Computer Science)
Minimum number of years of experience – 8+