To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7021 Harbour View Boulevard
Suffolk, VA 23435
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Supply Chain Analyst
Smithfield Foods • Suffolk, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Senior Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for reporting and analyzing supply chain operating results and leading the business planning process related to supply chain operations. Additionally, this position provides reporting to various cross functional teams and levels. This person will also aid in analysis of reporting, forecasting, systems functionality, as well as ad hoc analysis.Responsibilities
- Work as a team player within the supply chain team to identify and take advantage of opportunities for performance or financial improvement.
- Lead and prepare key performance indicator reporting
- Provide weekly and monthly detailed analyzed reports for top customer activity
- Manage forecasting process for business groups, weekly updates and month end recaps, including scorecards and historical reports.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting and analysis of operating results to senior operations and finance leadership
- Manage the communication flows to the business of cost changes, cost impacts and projected market impacts
- Work with cross functional teams in identifying and implementing enhancements to core operations and support systems
- Accountable to validate and track saving initiatives
- Drive initiatives, as required by Sr. Business Leaders
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business, Finance or related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- MBA, preferred.
- Experience in a CPG industry within the supply chain capacity, preferred.
- Experience within supply chain operations, a plus.
- Experience with a multi-billion dollar organization with national or global operations, a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with cost accounting/reporting, GAAP, Supply Chain, Planning and Forecasting required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent computer and technological skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with and presenting to Senior Management along with internal and external customers.
- Ability to deliver multiple tasks accurately in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong understanding of reporting systems and processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills, initiative and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paces, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Approximately 20% occasional travel.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.