Resp & Qualifications
The Software Quality Assurance Team monitors programs/projects in the organization to ensure the practices, polices, processes and regulations are adhered, review current policies, standards, plans, processes, and procedures and conduct assessments at the program/project level, report finding and track to closure. The team will provide recommendations for standards, procedures, processes and guidelines for implementing program/project Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) activities, from project initiation through delivery. In addition the Software QA Team will report non-compliance issues and opportunities for improvement and track to closure and audit processes to determine maturity, reusability, uniformity, and repeatability.
* Conduct assessments of programs/projects (medium to complex) within the organization to ensure compliancy to published standards, processes, and/or templates. Identify process and procedural issues based upon audit findings and initiate resolution to these problems. Communicate with internal audit peers and management regarding status, audit issues and deadlines. Collect objective evidence of quality related data and/or trends. Monitor and track quality action items and/or track quality issues through resolution. Participate in Audit processes for compliancy and uniformity to ensure deliverables to the customer are consistent. Ensures Quality Service Level Requirements (SLR's) are adhered for assigned programs/projects.
* Develops departmental materials including SOP's to maintain process libraries outlining governance, change management, auditing, reporting and metrics. Conducts reviews, walkthroughs, assessments, and inspections to evaluate the effectiveness of current processes/procedures, techniques, systems and associates for medium to complex projects. Participate in workgroups.
* Conducts internal consistency checks ensuring uniform and fair auditing practices throughout the department, across all lines of business. Preparation of QA reports. Assist in the preparation of senior level presentations. Process change requests reporting and tracking.
Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field OR lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from initiation to completion with focus on process improvements, assessments, audits and quality controls.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
* Functional knowledge of Agile, Spiral and Waterfall methodologies.
* Proven experience with the execution and administration of Quality/Process Improvement best practices.
* Experience working with Program/Project Quality Assurance/Process Improvement Plans.
* Experience working with Quality Gates or Quality Checkpoints as part of the SDLC.
* Ability to gather information and resolve issues independently.
* Ability to identify, manage and track progress of small to medium complexity projects to support organizational long range business objectives.
* Experience with quality assurance and process improvement, and methodologies and practices in an IT project development, custom software solutions and maintenance environment.
* Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Quality Management & Standards
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
- Agile Methodology
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement