Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Healthcare Economic Consultant will support United HealthCare’s Retiree Solutions Large Group customers’ analytic needs. This position will partner with the Director to extract, analyze, and interpret Healthcare data to uncover trends and assist in managing and understanding the customers’ Medical Cost trends. The role offers a unique blend of support for Internal teams such as Actuarial and Finance, as well as customer-facing teams, such as Sales and Account Management.
The Senior Healthcare Economic Consultant will design and develop data queries, analyze reports to measure utilization, Cost data, Clinical outcomes, Network performance, and assist in development of Management presentations. This position will work with very large data sets and see projects from conceptualization to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling, and financial reports. This individual will interpret and analyze data from various sources and recommend best approaches for aggregation.
The Senior Healthcare Economic Consultant researches and investigates key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies and provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Coach and teach others on SAS and VBA
- Present analytical results potentially externally and within UnitedHealthcare (UHC) such as to United Retiree Solutions (URS) leadership and Underwriting
- Query Healthcare data
- Update reports to support trend analysis
- Act as a Company thought leader
- Act as a Functional SME
- Execute a broad business approach
- Act as a resource to senior leadership
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Bring innovative ideas and solutions to business problems
- Remain curious, especially regarding various statistical tools (Python, R)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of working experience in data analytics, data engineering and/or data management
- 3+ years of working experience with SAS (including experience with Base SAS (Enterprise Guide), Enterprise Miner, SAS Model Manager and JMP)
- Experience with VBA (experience to include writing VBA codes in the form of sub procedures, user defined functions and further build entry forms for data inputs and update)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (experience to include creating macros, pivot tables, V-lookups)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Math, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with or knowledge of Python, R, or other statistical software
- Experience with Access
- Experience with Tableau
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Data Analysis, UHG, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH