You've probably never thought about working with auto glass for a living -- you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee role is Safelite's entry level preview into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly base pay starting at $18/hour, increasing to $20/hour after training and certification
- Potential to earn up to $22/hour as a Senior Tech and up to $25/hour as a Master Tech
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid volunteer days.
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- View all our health, wealth and life offerings at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee
What You'll Do
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite's installation standards under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite tools, materials and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite's tools and technologies.
- Offer additional products and services to customers.
- Consistently deliver service so great, it's memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from customer sites throughout the workday.
What You'll Need
- Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read, write and interpret technical directions required.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite Group collects personal information. To understand what is collected and why, review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don't discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for hires made.
*Estimate only, actual value will depend on benefit elections during enrollment period.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Defensive Driving