To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jersey City, NJ 07311
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Internal Auditor
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Jersey City, NJ
Posted 12 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Internal Auditor in Jersey City, New Jersey (NJ).
The Senior Internal Auditor - SOX Compliance, will plan and perform operational audits in accordance with generally accepted SOX Compliance auditing standards. In addition, as a Senior Auditor, this position will review the SOX audit work product of the Junior Internal Auditors to ensure completeness and accuracy, strong internal control environments, and compliance with company standards, accounting standards, and regulatory requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administration of SOX 404 Compliance efforts for insurance services
- Monitor business unit control documentation and testing efforts to ensure test results are properly documented and issues appropriately raised and resolved
- Report the results of internal control testing to Senior Management and; communicate control gaps and weaknesses to process owners
- Assist process owners in the preparation and on-going maintenance of control and process documentation (policies, procedures, narratives, control matrices, etc.)
- Assist process owners in identifying and resolving internal control issues and in identifying internal control best practices; Provide support, training and coaching of process owners and articulate their role in the SOX process
- Continuously improve global processes to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act by maintaining an understanding of SOX legislation, COSO and PCAOB standards, guidelines, new developments and trends
- Monitor changes to process documentation (narrative, control matrix) including risk monitoring
- Monitor proper segregation of duties within the finance and accounting organization
- Work closely with the external audit team, operational management and business owners to co-coordinate the audits and bring to resolution any issues that may impede the company's ability to be in compliance; Developing audit recommendations
- A Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting
- 5 to 7 years SOX Compliance auditing experience; preferably P&C insurance experience and/or Big 4 experience
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Capability to provide guidance to Junior Auditors, while maintaining individual productivity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.