MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Division IT Manager is responsible for the leadership and success of the GPI Manufacturing (Mills Division) IT Systems Strategy team. Additionally, supports the alignment between IT and overall company strategy and objectives to ensure appropriate leadership, technical oversight, execution and expected outcomes.
The Division IT Manager works within an established IT framework that is closely integrated with Business Units, IT Infrastructure, Security, PMO, Change Management, Service Delivery, and decision-making committees to maintain alignment while focusing on process improvements and operational efficiency.
This position manages the Systems Strategy Technology team utilizing a combination of skills within manufacturing, Process Technology and Systems Engineering to enable IT-businesses solutions. The Division IT Manager also employs and improves upon business processes to successfully define & drive new manufacturing technologies and strategies. The Division IT Manager is responsible for establishing project goals, performance, standardization, risk mitigation, managing issues while maintaining focus on value driven initiatives and continuous improvement.
This position will also collaborate daily with Applications, Process Technology, Corporate and Mill leadership groups to prioritize and steer innovation projects, manage resources and budgets while driving process improvements with Operational leadership. This includes ongoing oversight to maintain stability, integrity and efficient operations of the manufacturing systems in GPI’s Mills Division such as (PARCView, PI, Data Historians, Production, Quality, Process Technology and Analytics)
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Directly manage and provide technical oversight for the Systems Strategy Technology team within the GPI Mills Division.
- Responsible for implementation and steady state for mill systems implementation, management and Coordination at all locations
- Manages and coordinates day-to-day support for Systems Strategy with Mill Applications, Process Technology and IT Site leadership for best practices which includes; Division wide, project schedule creation and changes, project status reporting, and PMO metric reporting.
- Oversee emerging areas in Manufacturing Systems and new technology initiatives
- Management of Manufacturing System initiatives and long-term process improvement projects
- Leads key strategic steering meetings with IT, business units, as well as steering committees.
- Provides technical project management, problem solving and support for IT and business driven manufacturing projects
- Works closely with other Division IT managers to support process integrations for manufacturing and analytic applications.
- Provide technical and general project leadership / management to multi-functional teams pursuing manufacturing improvements and new product development, while driving standardization
- Investigate, recommend, execute and validate new technologies to continually improve operational and management capabilities
- Serve as the IT focal point for process innovation in technology; primary interface between Corporate Infrastructure and Mill Manufacturing IT
- Anticipate and collaborate with business stakeholders to enhance technology, automation concepts, quality improvements, and risk control measures. Leads projects in these areas that have global significance as requested
- Develops and maintains the management process for initiating, selecting, managing, and delivering quality results from all IT initiatives.
- Ensures all areas of Manufacturing systems adheres consistently to GPI standards and best practices
- Leads and facilitates regularly scheduled management and team status reviews.
- Manages team resource/staff availability via established tools and processes, identifies appropriate allocation for current and future resource workloads and works with senior IT and PMO to proactively resolve resource constraints.
- Ensures all systems are managed in accordance to established GPI IT governance practices and compliance requirements.
- Using Analytical skills to review data, draw conclusions, and take effective actions.
- Works with all levels of management while communicating effectively as a team player.
Process Improvements (Business)