UT Health East Texas is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Rehabilitation for a nursing job in Tyler, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Rehabilitation
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
Join UT Health East Texas as a PRN, Day Shift, RN Rehab!
Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
World-class care, technology, service and research – right in your neighborhood.
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Rehabilitation Hospital is unique in that is it provides care for those patients needing acute care physical rehabilitation. Rehabilitation patients typically require three modalities of service (PT/OT, Wound Care, Nutrition, Nursing, Speech, etc.) and stay in the hospital for an average of 15 days. The multi-disciplinary approach used in the Rehabilitation Hospital allows nurses to hone a variety of skills, while cultivating meaningful relationships with patients over the course of their stay.
UT Health Rehabilitation Hospital occupies two floors within the Olympic Center, the patients receive three hours of therapy daily. Nursing has opportunity to work with all of the different specialties creating a wonderful culture of holistic nursing.
To ensure continuity of care, the Rehabilitation Hospital has a dedicated rehabilitation physician that follows each patient for the duration of his or her stay. They are also seen daily by an Internal Medicine physician. Not only is this model a patient satisfier, but a staff satisfier, as each caregiver always has a firm handle on the physician’s care plan and expectations for each patient.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This position is responsible for the following:
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
What You Will Be Doing:
1. Deliver individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a systematic approach and according to standards of care, facility’s code of conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
Collect patient's health data.
Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
Evaluate patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate care and communicate well with other disciplines.
Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant others, and families.
Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team.
Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is administratively or professionally responsible.
Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the Board of Nursing.
Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and teaching.
Maintain confidentiality with all information.
2. Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
Participate in quality of care activities such as the implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to position, education and practice environment.
Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate changes in practice.
3. Implement Infection Control, Safety and Risk Management Programs in all nursing practices.
4. Demonstrate ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
5. Acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice, for example:
6. Contribute to professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice.
7. Assume all other duties and responsibilities as necessary:
Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental needs of unit and/or nursing department.
Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of unit and/or hospital.
Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of patients is readily available and in working order.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
About UT Health East Texas
Ardent Health Services prides itself in quality health care by investing in people, technology, facilities and communities, to produce extraordinary results. To date, those investments total more than $1.4 billion since 2001. From newly constructed facilities and expanded services to lifesaving technology and outstanding opportunities for employees, Ardent is committed to providing its hospitals and clinics the tools they need to succeed. Recapitalized and supported by the financial strength of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500 company and leading real estate investment trust, and Equity Group Investments, a private investment firm founded by Sam Zell more than 45 years ago, Ardent is expanding its network and bringing its unique combination of resources and proven management expertise to new communities.
Ardent includes: 4,718 licensed beds, More than 1,000 employed providers, and $3 billion in revenues.
Healthcare systems within Ardent include:
BSA Health System – Amarillo, Texas
Seton Medical Center – Harker Heights, Texas
Hillcrest Healthcare System – Oklahoma (8 Hospitals) - Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital, Bailey Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital Cushing, Hillcrest Hospital Claremore, Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta, Hillcrest Hospital Pryor
Lovelace Health System – Albuquerque, New Mexico (5 Hospitals) - Lovelace Medical Center, Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital, Lovelace Women's Hospital, Lovelace Westside Hospital, Lovelace Regional Hospital
UT Health – East Texas (9 Hospitals): UT Health, Tyler, UT Health North Campus Tyler, UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care, UT Health East Texas Rehabilitation Center, UT Health Athens, UT Health Carthage, UT Health Henderson, UT Health Jacksonville, UT Health Pittsburg
Americas Division – Hackensack Meridian Health - Mountainside Medical Center (Montclair, New Jersey) and Pascack Valley Medical Center (Westwood, New Jersey)
The University of Kansas Health System, St. Francis Campus (Topeka, Kansas)
Portneuf Medical Center (Pocatello, Idaho)
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Discount program
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Vision benefits