To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Doral, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sea Product Supervisor
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics • Doral, FL
Posted 2 months ago
The Sea Freight Supervisor will oversee the product team or a portion of the product team for his/her assigned territory under the direct supervision of the Sea Freight Manager and be responsible for that territories product compliance, levels of working capital, quality outcomes to internal and external stakeholders, volume and revenue growth, yield, and operating efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises assigned sea freight team within assigned territory
• Responsible to ensure all sea freight operations within assigned territory are compliant to internal HWL policies and external government regulations
• Responsible for timely and accurate costing, revenue estimates, rating, invoicing, and correction (where necessary) to invoices, process, or people to minimize WIP, DSO, and Bad Debt
• Responsible to ensure sea freight operations within assigned territory meet internal HWL and external customer quality goals per Customer Standard Operating Procedure (CSOP)
• Responsible to ensure sea freight operations meet minimum customer service levels at minimal cost to HWL through effective procurement and routing
• Responsible to meet volume and top line sea freight revenue growth targets for assigned territory
• Responsible to initiate and lead yield improvement process for business below or above target levels
• Responsible to ensure all financial and quality controls and audits are completed accurately and on-time
• Responsible to work with sales personnel to effectively explain HWL product analytics including trend drivers and to develop business recommendations to customers to save money, reduce costs, or improve reliability
• Responsible to take ownership of and professionally oversee customer escalations in conjunction with Sales
• Responsible for role of product subject matter expert when communicating with customers in a variety of settings
• Responsible to lead or participate in corrective actions as necessary to mitigate the likelihood of revenue or profit loss when business is at risk
• Ensure performance goals are set, performance is measured, and regular informal and formal feedback is provided to direct and indirect reports within assigned territory
• Responsible to monitor and assist in managing staffing levels and workload allocation across product teams within assigned territory. This includes talent acquisition, furloughing, re-purposing, re-shifting, demotion, promotion, and severance
• Responsible to develop team and individuals within the team.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of product budgeting and forecasting within assigned product territory
• Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position supervises up to five (5) full time employees and may supervise temporary employees from time to time based on projects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s degree from a two-year college
• Minimum of five years of experience handling sea freight export and import shipments in a freight forwarder
• Minimum of two years’ of experience in a supervisory level
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset.
§ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and legal documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and most complex documents.
§ Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints and to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
§ Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
§ Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or boards of directors and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
§ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
§ Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and follow through on requests.
§ Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
§ Ability to deal with variety of abstract and concrete variables.
§ Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, strong attention to details.
§ Ability to manage workload and prioritize tasks based on department objectives, knowing when to escalate.
§ Ability to juggle various priorities and maintain control without getting flustered.
§ Team player within company.
§ Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
§ Professional and courteous phone manner.
Proficient in programs used for email, word processing, data manipulation (spread sheets), presentation, and internet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
§ Regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
§ Frequently required to stand, and walk.
§ Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
§ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar of those of an office setting with various office equipment.