Apex Systems, the 2nd Largest US based staffing firm, has an opening for a Sr. Linux Systems Engineer with Ansible Tower experience. This position is a 6 month contract to hire with a government client based in Memphis, TN and will work on a Systems Reliability team that uses Ansible Tower and provides expertise for implementing 3rd party applications into a Linux Environments.
All candidates must be willing and able to gain a U.S. Public Trust Clearance and obtain the Interim prior to the first day on the Job.
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please reach out to Apex Systems Sr. Recruiter Andrew, at Email blocked - click to apply and reference Job #986083.
Sr. Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of servers running the RHEL operating system with MapR Hadoop.
- Design and implement new features in Ansible Tower by Red Hat
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems by ensuring they are in the cost current release and patch levels for RHEL, MapR Hadoop and other system software installed on the servers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Sr. Systems Engineer Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience supporting, configuring and engineering applications
- 7+ years of Red Hat Linux Administration and Engineering.
- Experience troubleshooting complex infrastructure problems in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Ansible by Red Hat or similar automation technologies like Salt, Chef, or Puppet is a plus.
- Experience with MapR Hadoop is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP / IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing)
- Experience with app and web server configuration and maintenance (JBoss, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat)
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to improve service availability.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Installations (Computer Systems)
Complex Problem Solving
Red Hat Linux