Blue Rhino Production is looking for a Full Time Production Supervisor to join our team!
The Blue Rhino Production Supervisor will manage production operations in a team-based environment on assigned shift to ensure quality, safety, and efficiency, in the refilling, re-valving, re-qualifying, refurbishing, packaging, and storage of propane cylinders to meet the needs of the distributor network. This position typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of related work experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance Plans
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid time off (including holidays)
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Propane discounts
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Manages direct reports and cultivates a positive departmental morale including an uncompromising culture of meeting safety, quality and production plan.
- Performs typical supervisory duties including fairly enforcing company policies on absenteeism, tardiness, and shift start-up; utilizing established disciplinary procedures to handle problems fairly and transparently; documenting, conducting, and submitting annual performance reviews; maintaining employee attendance and safety records;
- Conducts or assists with training for new employees, monthly safety topics, job specific training, annual refresher training, or any other required training; and maintains proper documentation.
- Recruits, develops, and mentors subordinates to help strengthen and improve the organization.
- Communicates daily with direct reports and plant management.
- Implements the manufacturing production process for efficient staffing of work stations; proper use of production equipment and forklifts; elimination of waste, improvement of quality, and reduction of cost; and measurement and reporting of performance production department to include corporate defined performance metrics.
- Executes production process procedures for the consistent operation and output of each production-related work center.
- Ensures all aspects of the facility, procedures, and processes comply with the OSHA 119.1910 Process Safety Management regulation
- Handles day-to-day staffing needs on assigned shifts to efficiently meet production targets.
- Completes other special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to Five years of related work experience.
- Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other safety, environmental, and governmental standards.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Just-in-Time Manufacturing preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on team building and developing a positive rapport with company employees. Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa.
Why Blue Rhino? We're more than just America’s premier propane tank exchange brand. Blue Rhino is a company that cares about its employees, and about the environment, working hard to recycle millions of propane tanks every year and keeping them out of landfills. Lastly, Blue Rhino cares about the community and gives back. We sponsor [ Link removed ] , a rhino conservation charity. We also support [ Link removed ] , a charity of competition chefs who grill for those affected by natural disasters. If you’re interested in being a part of a winning company, join the Blue Rhino team today!
- Forklift Truck
- Industrial Production
- Lean Manufacturing