* Multiple locations available, please inquire to check on your city *
Responsible for all aspects of underwriting in the Acquisitions unit to effect maximum possible profitability on a Westlake Financial deal. Reports to VP of Dealer Originations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calls and Visits Dealerships to capture deals that might not be coming to Westlake.
- Field Underwriting and Buying
- Deal Exception Authority
- All aspects of underwriting including credit report analysis, income calculation, book value calculation, scoring of the buy program, analyzing stips for validity (not fraudulent) and in general assuring that the deal “makes sense” for Westlake to put on the books.
- Could interact with customers, dealers, field reps, and various other outside entities (employers, other creditors, etc) to fully investigate the deal.
- Accountable for deal performance through tracking of early charge offs and credit adjusted yield in buyer’s portfolio.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Solid Critical Thinking abilities
- Able to problem solve
- Supervision/leadership abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 year college
- Graduate degree preferred
- This positions requires traveling
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Daybreak or other retail consumer servicing systems.
- Web navigation and/or web-based applications.
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 10-key calculator and QWERTY keyboard skills.
- Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
This role offers a competitive salary, plus a bonus pay plan. This a pay for performance structure, where you will directly affect your total compensation.
Review our URL blocked - click to apply
Learn URL blocked - click to apply
Learn about our URL blocked - click to apply
Every Full Time position at Westlake Financial offers the following:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
• Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
• 401K matching, Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $3.4 Billion Company, plus company matching
• Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
• Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
• Westlake University, Certification Programs
• Career Path Opportunities
• Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
• Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
• Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
• Employee Loan Assistance
• Onsite DMV
• Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
• Onsite Gym, Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
• Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.