Teledyne Relays, located in Hawthorne, CA (a division of Teledyne Technologies, a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange) is a leading provider of Electromechanical Relays, Industrial and Military solid state switches, Coaxial switching products and RF Switch Matrices, Power controllers, Custom hybrids and Active Indium Phosphide RF switches.
Teledyne Relays provides switching solutions for a technically diverse world, offering quality products designed for wide-ranging applications: aviation, SATCOM, telecommunications, high frequency signal routing, test & measurement equipment, ATE systems, and medical devices. Teledyne Relays offers high-performance products designed to survive the rugged conditions required for oil & gas exploration, industrial control, and military & space applications. With over 50 years of experience as an industry leader, Teledyne Relays has a commitment to innovating new products to support emerging technologies within wireless communication networks, industry-wide automation, and the Internet of Things. The primary manufacturing facilities are located in the United States, Taiwan and France.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Relays is adding a Western Regional Sales Manager to the Sales and Marketing Department reporting to the Director of Global Marketing and Sales.
- Create and achieve the sales budget, i.e., bookings, billings and POS for a Western USA region that covers a large area from the Mississippi river to the Pacific
- Work with an internal and external team that includes Manufacturer representatives, regional distribution networks, targeting key customers, achieving design win quotes, participate in quarterly reviews with each Manufacturers' Representatives and travel into the territory 50%-75% of the time
- Direct the Field application team to demonstrate the Teledyne relay solution to achieve design wins
- Update and report sales progress within a Customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Participate in new product definition and report market trends
- Prepare quarterly PowerPoint presentation demonstrating and tracking the regional performance. Bbility to create short term and long term goals to support the changing market conditions pertaining to growth strategies and communicate to senior management if resources are required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field required. Additional degree in Business is desired
- Minimum 10 years of Technical Field Sales Experience and 5 years of Sales Management experience working with Manufacturers' Representatives and channels of distribution
- Sales experience must be primarily and predominantly in Electronic Components: Standard products and semicustom, selling into a wide range of markets and OEMs (Commercial, Industrial, Military, Hirel Space, and Aerospace)
- Ability to understand the customer’s technical inquires and respond back, independently or with the support of the FAE team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, be self-disciplined, and plan well to meet the assignment due dates.
- Possess proven leadership skills and must exhibit decisive decision making abilities
- Candidate must be a US Person.
All Teledyne employees must follow corporate guidelines pertaining to a strict code of conduct with regards to the engagement of independent representatives and distributors, and compliance with export regulations.
Internal Shared Support team: Five Inside Sales-Customer Services Individuals, Two Field Application Engineers, One Program Manager, Distribution Manager and Hi-Rel Space Manager.
External Support Team: Seven Manufacturer Representatives and Seven Authorized Distributors.
PLEASE NOTE: Teledyne Technologies, Inc. may at its discretion modify or add further duties not currently listed in this general job description.
NOTE: Relocation is not offered for the position listed above.
This is a full-time opportunity with one of the world's innovative leader in manufacturing Electromechanical/Solid State Relays and Power Controllers, High Power Coax Switches and RF Switching Systems, located in Hawthorne, California.
What can Teledyne Relays’ offer YOU?
- A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Time
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Eligibility
- Educational Tuition Reimbursement
- Various employee events throughout the year
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants go to the Teledyne Career Center at: URL blocked - click to apply. Refer to requisition# 2018-8154, Western Regional Sales (Marketing/Sales Mgmt 4), located in Hawthorne, California.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please inform Human Resources at Phone number blocked - click to apply. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug free workplace, Teledyne Relays requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
Visit us at URL blocked - click to apply for more information.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training