Senior, IT Business Analyst
Livermore, CA or Orlando, FL
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The position of Senior, IT Business Analyst is within our Acelis Business Unit located at Livermore, CA or Orlando, FL. In this role, you will drive delivery of business outcomes through IT process and technology development.
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
This role will be responsible for driving IT software deliveries in line with business needs using Agile Methodologies. We are looking for candidates with expertise in both Information Technology and Business Administration for this role. This role is responsible for enhancing the quality of IT products and services, analyzing data to inform business decisions and finding technological solutions to business needs, among other duties.
This Senior, IT Business Analyst must exceptional interpersonal skills as they need to act as a communication link between the IT and Business teams. List of responsibilities include:
- Liaising between the IT team and the Business units.
- Acting as an information source and communicator between business units.
- Understanding strategic business needs and plans for growth.
- Enhancing the quality of IT products and services.
- Analyzing the design of technical systems and business models.
- Utilizing IT data for business insights.
- Gathering and analyzing business needs in the form of Epics, User Stories.
- Sourcing and implementing new business technology.
- Finding technological solutions to business requirements.
- Producing reports on application development and implementation.
- Analyzing data to inform business decisions.
- Analyzing and supporting implementation of health care services applications and related revenue cycle software solution.
- Performing Quality Assurance for the software solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Business Administration or related field, plus 7+ years as an IT Business Analyst
- Must have Agile certification and 3+ years of hands of experience in Agile methodology
- Must have health care industry background, therefore prior experience with SOX, PCI, and HIPAA compliance experience is also required
- A strong understanding of how Software Life Cycle and Software Solutions are developed is required
- Knowledge of Revenue Cycle Management as it relates to Medical Billing is desired
An equal opportunityemployer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonableaccommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation,please send an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior IT Business Analyst.
Agile Software Development
Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (Hipaa) Compliance
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance