UnitedHealth Group is working to create the Healthcare system of tomorrow and you can help. Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high - performance Healthcare system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This function is responsible for ancillary (Life, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity) product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments including online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables including quality assurance and audit of billing activities. Extensive work experience within own function.
Interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments including online applications
Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables including quality assurance and audit of billing activities
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Previous customer service experience, analyzing and solving accounts receivable / billing issues
- Moderate proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Experience with MS Word, including data entry and document creation
- Experience with MS Excel, including data entry, sorting, creating, and modifying spreadsheets
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8-hour shifts during core business hours of 7am - 5pm, with flexibility to work occasional overtime per business needs
- Associate's Degree or Higher in Business or Accounting
- Experience with FACETS or any other billing platforms
- Previous healthcare industry experience
- Experience with MS Excel, using Pivot Tables
- Experience with MS SharePoint, including document access, sharing, and storage
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Self - directed and the ability to prioritize caseloads based on business and customer need
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, senior billing representative, customer service, accounts receivable, billing, FACETS, healthcare