To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Powers Ferry Road Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30342
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr SOX Auditor
Voya Financial • Atlanta, GA
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Sr. SOX Auditor is responsible for the execution of the SOX testing process including the definition of the testing scope, control evaluation, test activities, monitoring issue resolution, report activities and risk assessment for assigned areas. This role assumes accountability for specific segments / projects or defined SOX audit projects, and will assist in the supervision and coaching of assigned staffing/consultants as assigned.
- Proactively work with business partners to reflect business changes in SOX controls.
- Partner with business clients to improve Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) / Model Audit Rule (MAR) control environment
- Provides assistance for the external auditors as needed relational to SOX/MAR testing and review.
- Special projects as needed to support Finance Management.
- Executes the Test of Design and Test of Effectiveness of in-scope business processes (as defined within the Business Unit (BU) Narratives, Control Analysis and Data Flowcharts.)
- Independently conducts Walkthrough meetings with Business Customers of SOX/MAR Business Processes.
- Creates test scripts based on information obtained within the BU Narratives, Control Analysis, and Walkthrough Meetings.
- Completes control testing by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and verifying information. This information is examined to determine whether records and reports contain accurate, reliable, timely, and complete information; and to determine whether controls over records, reports and documentation are adequate and effective.
- Documents the procedures used in each SOX/MAR testing assignment and fully prepares detailed hard copy and/or electronic work papers to include: tested control, detailed issues, evidence, and associated risk.
- Develops and maintains automated support work paper files to facilitate a thorough and efficient SOX audit process.
- Communicates the results of SOX reviews and tasks as designated to include: SOX Management Testing; Business Owned Application (BOA) review; and Controls Optimization/Rationalization review.
- Performs follow up of outstanding issues to assure timely implementation of remediation plans and ensure proper resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mentor and train Interns and entry level Analysts.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Risk Management, Finance, Accounting or Business) or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (Preferred).
- 3+ years’ experience in specific related business area(s) or Audit (Internal/External), Accounting, Financial Reporting or related business area(s).
- Experience working with SOX/MAR processes or public company internal controls is preferred.
- Public Accounting (Big 4) experiences a plus.
- Professional Designations / Advanced Degrees: If professional designation has not been obtained, active pursuing of one of the following: CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, and CRMA.
- Proficient with MS Office tools: MS Word, MS Excel (v-lookup, h-lookup, pivot tables) and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.