The Vice President, Technical Excellence is responsible for the development, implementation, and investment of operational strategies, including: infrastructure, equipment, technology, capital, maintenance, and personnel resources. The VP, Technical Excellence and team advise refinery and chemicals staff on ways to maintain a safe workplace, increase productivity, and identify any areas for improvement.
Technical Excellence consists of the following divisions: Management Operations Improvement; Technology and Subject Matter Expertise; Process Safety; Reliability and Maintenance. The heads of these functions report to the VP of Technical Excellence who is ultimately accountable for developing the Company's programs and practices to ensure top quartile performance.
- Oversee all aspects of refinery and chemical operations, including safety, environmental compliance, reliability, quality, employee relations, accounting, cost control, and budgeting for the operation
- Oversee programs and technologies to measure performance and ensure safe, reliable, and cost-effective maintenance and operating systems
- Provides relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the refinery and chemicals plants that will give the team actionable data for proactive response and improvements
- Ensure causal analysis methods and capabilities are embedded in refining and used to assess and improve performance
- Partner with corporate functions including: HSSE, Commercial, Logistics, Accounting, and Engineering to ensure that the refinery (and future chemical plant) is constantly improving the safety and environmental performance, achieving all regulatory requirements, and operating in a planned and reliable manner to maximize profitability and growth of the refinery and future chemicals plants
- Oversee member requests and presentations for the quarterly Owner Staff and Member Committee meetings, including presentations at the meetings
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, other Technical Degrees
- 15+ years' experience in technical refining and/or chemical operations in the areas of: engineering, refining, chemicals, operations, capital projects
- 10+ years leadership and/or project management experience
- Reference for ethane cracker, aromatics, and/or chemical projects or large refinery projects